Tuesday, October 03, 2006

ready to throw some tea

I am ready to throw some tea into the harbor. Okay, I mean that figuratively -- I love tea, and I love the harbor, so really, not going to happen. BUT -- I am starting to feel a tad revolutionary. The news is not helping. We have the ex CIA director, George Tenet, saying he plead with Condoleeza Rice to heed warnings of an Al Quaeda attack, 2 full months before 9/11. We have lots of "did not/did too" going on. We have a high ranking congressman sending dirty emails to teenage boys, while serving on the committee writing laws about this kind of behaviour. We have generals saying the administration is overstating the success in Iraq. We have rumors that the President's wife tried to get Donald Rumsfeld fired. We have rumors that Rice did the same thing. We still have Rumsfeld.

Maybe I will secede from the Union. Or declare war. Or put my taxes in escrow. Or, do what I always do -- sign a petition, write my congressmen, send a check to the ACLU...How pissed off do I have to get before I am willing to risk anything personal?

1 comment:

Kitten Herder said...

The most revolutionary thing I can do, considering my current employer, is vote. Ambivalence had become my constant companion until recently. I finally changed my voter registration from my old town to the new one. While it may do little good for me to vote Democrat in my state (the majority of whose Federal representatives are Republican), I feel compelled to "throw the bums out".

Be a revolutionary for me too, would ya! (grin)