Wednesday, June 28, 2006

stormy weather

Stormy weather, ain't no sun up in the sky....



How can we still be so driven by the weather? We can send rockets into space. We can transplant a human heart. But we can't get the sun to shine.

It has rained here in Maryland for a week or so. Not a little rain, but downpours, with thunder and lightning. Rivers runneth over. We've had mudslides on the beltway. It is practically biblical. Some areas have gotten over 12 inches of rain in 3 days.

It makes my head hurt. It darkens my mood. It changes my routines.


I want blue skies. I want a breeze. I want sunshine to pour down upon me, warming my skin and lightening my heart.

2 comments:

RaineS said...

I know, I know -- other people have it worse. And I do count my blessings, most days. Its just easier when the sun is shining....

Kitten Herder said...

New England's been getting battered all spring. Back in May, many school districts closed schools for a day or two as the waters blocked streets and such.