Monday, December 10, 2007

my deadline looms

I started this paper early. I really and truly did. I gathered my sources, I read all the books, and now it is due tomorrow. AND I only have half the thing written. How the hell did this happen? I have made less progress than if I had stuck to my tried and true method and not started until today....

I have taken the day off tomorrow. Hopefully with a few hours tonight, and the bulk of the day tomorrow, I can finish up. There is no option to turn this sucker in late. We have to give oral presentations tomorrow night [no, I don't have that ready either]... Maybe I should use my son's methods for the presentation -- make lots of handouts, and give out candy. It worked for his 8th grade english class book report...

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Kitten Herder said...

Bribery works. One of my class mates brought in salsa and chips for her presentation. Her presentation was pretty good, but by far the most enjoyable of the bunch ... probably because we were happily eating her food.