Friday, January 27, 2006

so not the demo

Santa brought me an iPod Nano for christmas. To say I am obsessed with the gadget is an understatement. Imagine my surprise when I read a recent article saying the average iPOD user was a 15-34 year old male, who drives a VW and plays a lot of video games. Once again, I have been marginalized. So much for my hopes for big-print screens, I guess. I *hate* when I'm not part of the demo. It means my interests and needs are a side issue, if they are considered at all.

I have the same problem in record stores. Remember those? The clerks call me MA'AM, and ignore me for the most part. And they all assume I'm buying that hot new alt-rock CD for my kid. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!! I ROCK, I swear I do. Even if I do it in comfy slacks as often as in old jeans these days.

1 comment:

Kitten Herder said...

I SO hear you! The first time I was in a musci store (can't call them record stores anymore I guess) and some kid who, ahem, worked there called me ma'am, I felt all the blood leave my face. NO!!!

And I have middle-aged blindness now. That means that I cannot read diddley without my glasses. So, here's the big connundrum with that. Which people are most likely to read nutritional labeling on foods? Are they under 40, or over 40? OK. How small is the font used for most nutritional labeling? It really bugs me to have to put my glasses on to grocery shop. I feel like it's a big flashing sign: OLD LADY! (grin)