Tuesday, January 29, 2008

incremental progress

I weighed in this morning. 141 pounds. While still way over my target, healthy weight of 128, it is 5.5 pounds less than I weighed in at on January 7th, when I started my new eating regimen. I have cut out almost all white flour, white sugar, white rice, white pasta from my diet. I am eating lots of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. My alcohol intake is marginal to non-existent. I still have a little chocolate, but like one piece at most...

I am still walking with the pedometer. I am up to 4000 steps a day, or roughly two miles of brisk walking. I was walking 2300 steps a day as part of my regular routine, so I have managed to squeeze another 1700 steps a day with not too much time or effort. I am not sure how much I can increase this, as time is now the big factor. To walk much more, I would have to carve a real chunk out of every day to devote to it.

Still, I am pleased with even incremental progress. I have dropped some weight, and have increased my activity. I'm cooking more and eating better.

1 comment:

Kitten Herder said...

Congratulations! Giving up the 'white death' foods is usually a big help. You may inspire to get back on the wagon (right after my interview tomorrow).