Tuesday, July 01, 2008

trying to do the right thing

As many of you know, I am waiting, not so patiently, for a SmartCar. I have a reservation on the waiting list. I paid my $99 for my slot on the list. And. I just got my "delivery date" estimate. Now this is only an estimate, I am told. I could get the car sooner, or later. My date is

October 2009 to December 2009



No, not a typo, believe me. Because I couldn't believe it either. So I asked the company if this was a mistake. They said no. It really would be more than 18 MORE MONTHS to get the damn car.

You know, I am trying, really trying, to do the right thing. I want an environmentally sound car for commuting. One that I can afford. One that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and another leg. And doesn't have huge environmental disposal issues, like the hybrids do with their batteries.

Why is this so freaking difficult? How did we get to the point where a small, inexpensive, fuel-efficient vehicle is like the holy f*ing grail?

2 comments:

elsie said...

Republican disbelief about global warming?

Kitten Herder said...

Holy Crap! Good luck. (We've eyed them as well, but that is a really long time to be on a waiting list.)