Thursday, June 26, 2008

court has clause trouble

The Supreme Court apparently has clause trouble. Seems the whole militia clause was ignored in today's ruling about individual rights to handguns. The Constitution guaranteed our right to have guns to serve in a militia, not to an absolute right to handguns. The DC ban on handguns has been struck down, even though handguns have no purpose in a militia and no purpose in a home other than killing folks. With something easily concealable.

If you want to defend your property, buy a shotgun. Handguns are an abomination in a civilized society. Oh right, we aren't civilized....

1 comment:

Kitten Herder said...

Wow! You hit the nail on the head regarding my opinion on gun control. I have no problem with 'guns' per se. Own a gun. Own several. Just make sure to post a sign on your property to that effect, and make it a long arm. I have a problem with concealable weapons in the hands (or pockets) of average citizens. The sneaky factor bothers me.

I think you should be allowed to own a long arm. However, I think everyone else deserves fair advertisement/warning that you are a gun owner.