Saturday, February 16, 2008

halfway there

I am up to 5000 steps a day. That's 7 days a week, 2.5 miles per day. I don't know how much I will be able to increase that over the next few weeks. But that's okay. I have a little more than doubled my exercise. I can be happy just having made an improvement.

The same is true of the diet. I am eating significantly healthier. We are eating low-fat with lots of whole grains. I have lost 6 pounds, which is less than I expected at this point, especially in view of the increased activity. But. I LOST 6 POUNDS!

So I have 9 more pounds to go, and 5000 more steps per day to add to my routine. We will see how it goes. In the meantime, I am gonna bask in my accomplishment. As soon as I have some time.

1 comment:

Kitten Herder said...

Congratulations!