Wednesday, February 06, 2008

what a super tuesday!

WOW! apparently more people turned out to vote yesterday than ever before. People were so excited that they arrived hours before the polls opened. They ventured out in snowstorms, through flooding, put up with long lines and bad equipment, all to vote -- in a primary.

I watched a lot of the coverage last night. I thought I had made up my mind to vote for Barack Obama, but now I am not sure. I found myself rooting for Hillary all evening, and being happy when states went for her. I don't know if it's because I thought she would do badly, and I have a tendency to root for the underdog, or because I actually prefer her for some reason. I do know that I would love to see a woman become president. I don't know if she is that woman, though.

I have a week to decide. Maryland's primary is next Tuesday. I am going to take off early from work, just to make sure I can vote. I am pretty excited about making some history. I'm either voting for a black man, or a white woman, and either way, that is hugely significant in the story of America.

1 comment:

Kitten Herder said...

Even with all our problems, we are still one of the best countries to live in. I love it when people participate in the election process. I always say, "Don't complain if you don't vote."